Vegetarians will benefit from amazing and healthy vegetarian pressure cooker recipes that are easy to prepare within a very short time. There are many ingredients which can be used to prepare the meat-less meals and you can easily come up with a plan to experiment with your favorite dishes whenever you wish.
Below are 3 amazing vegan recipes that you surely would not want to miss as they will keep you and your family happy and liven those dining moments any time.
Aromatic chickpeas curry recipe
This recipe is cooked using various spices along with tomatoes, soft chickpeas and potatoes and definitely comes top as one of the best meat-less dishes that you can ever have. It is effortless to prepare and does not take long and within less than 30 minutes, you will be able to not only prepare but set the meal on the table for all to enjoy.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons of cumin seeds
- 1 clove of smashed garlic
- I big onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon Garam Masala
- ½ tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of ground turmeric
- 1 tin of tomatoes (400g)
- 1 tin of chickpeas (400g) – rinsed and drained
- 1 big potato – peeled and chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup of water
- Stem of coriander to serve
Fast Indian curry with coconut quinoa
- ½ cup string beans
- 1 small eggplant, chopped
- 1 small sweet potato, chopped
- 3 tbs ghee/ butter
- 1 small butternut/ accord squash, chopped
- 1 tbs cumin seed
- ½ jalapenos, finely sliced
- ½ cup cubed yellow onions
- 150g fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 cup quinoa
- 225g garbanzo beans, cleaned and drained
- 1 tbs of extracted coconut
- ½ cup raisins
- 1/3 tbs garam masala
- 2/3 tbs of hot madras curry powder
- 1/3 tbs curry powder
- 2 cups of water
Saag with tofu pressure cooker recipe
This is a stewed Indian meal prepared using greens and normally contains crunchy tofu cubes. You can add some yogurt at the end of your cooking to add a savor to this smooth and finger-licking dish.
- 400g solid tofu, drained and sliced in large cubes
- 3 tablespoons of your favorite vegetable oil
- 3 mid-sized cloves of garlic pounded
- 1 mid-sized yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of ginger powder
- 1 stemmed and thinly sliced Serrano chile
- 1 ½ teaspoon of garam masala
- ½ teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- Salt to taste
- 300g frozen and sliced spinach (defrost and pour the excess water)
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- ½ cup of water
Cooking instructions for Saag with Tofu
- Put tofu on a big paper-towel-lined platter in a single layer and put aside
- In a large pressure cooker, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat until it gleams. Put the tofu and turn occasionally for 10 minutes until it turns golden brown. Do not cover the lid.
- Transfer the tofu on a plate lined with a fresh and dry paper towel. Season it with salt and set it aside.
- Reduce the heat and add the onions, stir for a few minutes and then add other spices, salt, spinach, cream and water and stir perfectly before locking the pressure cooker lid. Leave for 5 minutes and then remove from the heater. Release the pressure naturally.
- Open the pressure cooker lid and add the yogurt, stir and then add the tofu allowing it to sit on the mix for a minute. Serve with naan or steamed rice.