Commercial pressure cookers come with the same benefits as all other small pressure cookers. However, considering that they help save you energy cost, it is undeniable that they are suitable for maximizing your profits and therefore worth considering in your commercial kitchen.
The choice of the right commercial pressure cooker is important and the following tips should help you in the selection of the most ideal kitchen appliance for your use.
Commercial pressure cooker buying guide
- A commercial pressure cooker should have a large capacity that caters for different number of people. It is recommended to buy a pressure cooker that is above 10 liters in capacity and especially if you intend to use it for huge quantities of food. The bigger the pressure cooker, the easier it is for you to cook enough food for self-preservation.
- Consider a commercial stove top pressure cooker as this allows you to manually control the heat in order to obtain the best optimal results.
- Look for a pressure cooker that has a capability of reaching 15 psi. This kind of a commercial pressure cooker enables you to cook different recipes and especially those that require 15 psi and above. Doing this will help you avoid additional cooking time for different recipes something that could mean adding 10 to 20 percent cooking time depending with the psi level of your pressure cooker.
- Go for a pressure cooker that offers a lengthy warranty period. This will give you an advantage especially considering that you will be using your commercial pressure cooker for many days. It is also important to note that pressure cooker replacement parts do not come with warranty and therefore you should consider a brand whose accessories and replacement are readily available to you.
- Consider the quality of the pressure cooker in question. For example, some of the best appliances are labeled “18/10 stainless steel” which means they have 18 percent chromium and 10 percent nickel. Such kind of commercial pressure cookers are durable and also resistant to rust, stains and corrosion. They are also easier to clean and shiner as well.
- It is also good to look for a pressure cooker that comes with additional accessories such as cooking rack and steamer basket which are necessary for when cooking some recipes. Some models of commercial pressure cookers come equipped with such accessories and therefore will give you great value for your money.
- Consider the handles of the commercial pressure cooker. Generally, commercial pressure cookers are large and therefore meant to hold a lot of food. You should go for a cooker that has robust handles on both sides thus making it easy to life them up and transfer safely. If concerned about the storage space, look for a pressure cooker with folding handles.
- Choose for a pressure cooker that is built from commercial heavy duty aluminum for durability. Since your pressure cooker will be used and scrubbed almost every day, the commercial grade aluminum will help guarantee longevity.