There are many different pressure cooker models found in the market today, kuhn rikon pressure cooker is one of the highly rated among many home owners. The Swiss-made pressure cooker has many excellent features and thus is capable of delivering quality results while helping you save on energy during your cooking experiences. When choosing a pressure cooker, it is always good to consider the features as this will help in your decision making.
Below are 10 key features of kuhn rikon pressure cooker:
- The pressure cooker is constructed of stainless steel thus making is nonporous and durable meaning you can use it for many years without regrets.They have two important pressure settings i.e. 15psi and 10psi and there are clearly indicated on the pressure cookers’ pop-up valves stem which makes it easy for you to use them when setting the pressure preferences.
- Kuhn rikon pressure cookers are equipped with a 3-ply bottom meaning they can retain the pressure even when on a low flame. This is in addition to the fact that they rise in pressure fast which means you do not have to worry about dried food. This feature is also suitable in energy conservation thus saving your cooking cost drastically.
- The pressure cookers are equipped with a hard thermal aluminum sandwich at the bottom and this helps in rapid heat absorption and even browning.
- It has 5 over-pressure safety systems including the spring-loaded precision regulator and automatic locking system and these helps prevent the pressure from building up excessively. Normally, the pressure is released when it reaches 17 psi.
- Your kuhn rikon pressure cooker will also have a loop handle for 2 handed lifting which makes it secure and reliable during your cooking. The pressure cookers can be used on ceramic, gas, electric and induction stovetops.
- The models come with an operating valve whose stem shows both low and high pressure meaning you can easily regulate the heat as required for different types of foods.
- Rikon also allows you to release the pressure by quick release (running lukewarm water on the rim of the rid), naturally or normally by pressing the pressure cooker indicator.
- Kuhn rikon pressure cooker requires hand washing and therefore is not dishwasher safe. However, the washing process is easy and does not inconvenience at all.
Comes with a detailed user manual and a 1 year warranty.
The pressure cookers are highly rated when it comes to energy conservation. However, if at all you are looking for a dishwasher safe pressure cooker, Kuhn rikon might not be the best option for you. Apart from this con however, every other feature is perfect and recommended.